Health & Fitness tips
Contrary to popular belief, fitness is not achieved only within the four corners of a pricey gym. Neither does one need a certified fitness instructor to know what and what not to do to stay fit and healthy. In fact, there are lots of simple but effective ways to keep you in shape. Follow these steps and work your way to a healthy and happy lifestyle.
- Let’s get physical. Stop saying, “I don’t have enough time.” Make time for movement. If you would need to sacrifice a little, then do so. Wake up earlier than usual or spend less time sitting in front of the computer or the television or whatever gadget you have. If you work long hours on weekdays, try making up for lost exercise time on weekends. Walk, run, dance, or sign up for beginner’s yoga. The options are limitless.
- A little bit of everything. Try new things, especially those which interest you. If you get curious on an activity, do something to actually experience it. You’ll never know, it might be the best fitness regimen for you. Never miss an opportunity to be healthy. Don’t stick to one activity which may bore you eventually. Lack of enthusiasm is one major enemy of fitness.
- Walk this way. Metabolism is affected by your activity. Don’t stay idle. Move. While it is sometimes more convenient to use the elevator, or just wave to an officemate, or call the nearest food chain in your area, it is more important to keep your body strong and fit. Strive for wellness, not for convenience.
- Get real. Set a realistic goal, something that you know you can achieve. If you set something way beyond your capacities, you might lose enthusiasm and motivation to carry it out. Know exactly what you want, and know exactly your strengths. Focus on those. You have to dream big but not too big enough that it could swallow you up.
- One friend left. They say that no man is an island, or two is better than one. Having a regular exercise buddy will make it less like a task and more like a fun, bonding activity. It will also help you stay on the course because someone would be there to remind you. Of course you need to choose someone who can be accountable.
Getting fit and healthy is not really that difficult. As long as you will it, it can definitely happen! Have a happy and healthy Christmas, everyone!.