- BREAK A BAD HABIT. Bad habits lead to addiction. Once it gets there, it would be harder to escape. Quit smoking. Avoid too much drinking. Don’t overdose yourself with self-prescribed medicines. Break a bad habit and start a good one. For example, make it a habit to pray for others, to share your resources to the needy, to smile, or to make someone laugh.
- RELAX ONCE IN A WHILE. Be kind to your body. Don’t overwork. Don’t get too stressed. When you feel like you’ve had enough, give yourself a break. Stop and relax. Commune with nature, spend time with your family and friends, meditate, or have a date with God in prayer. Remember that no matter how hard you try, you just can’t have it all. Better believe this old maxim: Health is wealth.
- EXERCISE DAILY. You read it right. Exercise. You don’t need to enroll in a gym or hire a professional trainer. You can do the simplest forms of exercise: walking, running, jumping, stretching, even biking or gardening. The important thing is you move.
- ASPIRE AND ACT. Everything begins with a dream. Aspire to achieve health and wellness. But don’t stop with the dream. You must do something to make that dream a reality. Beautiful skin does not happen overnight. It requires determination, discipline, and patience. Same is true with a healthy body.
- TAKE CHARGE OF YOUR BODY. You must be in control, not your peers, nor your vices, nor the media. It is important to seek for the opinion of others but you must not believe everything that you hear and see. What may be good for them might be bad for you. You are a unique person, thus your needs are different from your officemate’s or your friend’s.
- HAVE A POSITIVE OUTLOOK. To him who has faith, nothing is impossible. To him who has not, nothing is possible. We all fail. We are not perfect. But you know the difference between a winner and a loser? Attitude. One faces failure as a challenge and an opportunity to grow and improve one’s self. The other treats it as the end of everything. Unless you look forward to the sunshine after the rain, you will be forever drenched and drowned in helplessness and despair. Think happy thoughts. God will not bring you to where His grace cannot keep you.
- ENJOY LIFE. Because you only live once. According to the Disney Movie, Tuck Everlasting, “you don’t have to live forever, you just have to live.” Life is God’s greatest gift to us. Let’s not waste it. Enjoy. Love. Get Hurt. Learn. Forgive. After all, it’s not how long you live but how well you live that matters.
Skin Care Tips
September 23, 2011
BREAK A BAD HABIT. Bad habits lead to addiction. Once it gets there, it would be harder to escape. Quit … Continue reading